organization learning programs
THE PROMETHEUS ACADEMY (LIVE or VIRTUAL)
Strategy is the single-most important component of success for an organization. The Prometheus Academy is a five day intensive seminar designed for leadership and management team members from organizations committed to developing and executing winning business and product strategies.
The Academy consists of lectures and discussions on each part of the Prometheus Process followed by group mentored breakout sessions that provide the opportunity to apply the lessons just learned to a business case study. By the end of the week-long program, participants have a working understanding of theory and practice alike. Graduates are conversant with the process, can facilitate Prometheus sessions, and can teach basic ideas. The Academy is ideal for the organization that wants its management team to understand and use a common strategy method and vocabulary. Those organizations that intend to develop their strategy without Venturist assistance should send at least one relatively senior leader to this course.
Who should attend:
CEOs, executive and senior vice presidents, executive directors, directors, senior managers, division managers, project leaders, business owners, and those who want to prepare themselves for strategic leadership roles.
At the Academy, participants learn and apply the Prometheus Process–a unique, holistic, start-to-finish strategic planning and execution methodology.
- Scope the Environment: How to think about an organization’s operating environments.
- Design the Future: How to build and measure high resolution pictures of the future an organization desires and how to craft the rules of behavior that will be an integral part of realizing the Future Picture.
- Target for Success: How to understand your organization and markets in system terms in order to find the key Centers of Gravity (the leverage points) that will provide the most return on capital and personal energy investments.
- Campaigning to Win: How to execute strategic plans based on parallel operations concepts in order to overcome system resistance and produce the highest possible probability of success at the least possible cost.
- Finish with Finesse: How to craft exit points and exit plans to preserve gains and minimize penalties for ventures that do not proceed as conceived.
- Cardinal Rules: How to use a handful of strategic principles to increase the probability of success in planning and execution.
- Open Planning: How to capitalize on the intelligence and energy of the organization’s own people to create and execute winning business and product strategies in collaborative environments and how to use a strategic vocabulary to align people at all levels of the organization.
- Red Teaming: How to find and overcome problems and obstacles before they occur.
- Planning Methodology
- Winning In FastTime
- The Guide To Strategic Planning and Execution: Using the Prometheus Process
- The CEO and Leader’s Handbook: Introducing the Prometheus Process Strategic
- Prometheus Process Academy Presentations
- All Facilitation Templates and Laminates
- Certificate of Completion
LIVE PROMETHEUS ACADEMY
Fee per person $5,950. Fee includes materials, daily breakfast and lunch, at least one dinner, snacks and refreshments.
Discounts are available for groups of three or more attendees from a single organization.
Live Prometheus Academies may be organized and conducted for a single organization on-site.
The Prometheus Virtual Academy
The Virtual Academy is an intimate program for two to five people normally from the same organization. It is a twenty hour intensive program conducted over five consecutive days led personally by John Warden. It is substantively identical to the Live Academy
The virtual Academy combines the Venturist®Prometheus Video Strategy program with live student/instructor interaction via Zoom. Participants watch the applicable videos (ten to twenty minutes each) prior to each day’s lessons and exercises. Then, following a short key-points presentation, participants use Trello to develop in real-time a case study strategy. By the end of the week, participants are conversant with theory and practice alike, can facilitate Prometheus sessions, and can teach basic ideas.
- Winning In FastTime and The CEO and Leader’s Handbook: Introducing the Prometheus Process Strategic Planning Methodology (sent in advance
- All Facilitation Templates and Laminates (digital)
- Certificate of Completion (Digital at graduation followed by hard copy)
- A one-year subscription to the Venturist@Prometheus Video Strategy Program: 23 substantive and 24 “How To” video lessons ($1100 if bought separately)
- Enrollment for one month in Trello a (collaboration and idea development program)
- Classes take place Monday to Friday
- Classes begin daily at 8 AM CDT and end at noon (Note: If all attendees in a class so desire, start times can range from 7 AM to 10 AM CDT)
- See the Prometheus Online Academy Agenda for details
Fee per person $1750. (Includes one year subscription to the Venturist®Prometheus Video Strategy Program and a thirty-day enrollment in Trello.